A friend of mine blogged about “lists” recently.
Check her out over at http://www.lovelyindeed.com
I have to agree with her making lists is one of the things I love to do!
It’s in my blood and quite useful, particularly as a Stage Manager. Because I am always busy with work or life making a checklist is something that helps me with my short term memory disfunction.
My husband and I have an app on our phones that allows us to share a list. It is quite helpful especially since we are a part a lot.
When trying to buy our house there were a lot of steps in the process and he was able to help me with it all by adding or checking off some of the things that he took care of from a distance.
I had read another post recently about list making but more of a top ten list, like David Letterman.
Working a lot in NYC lately made me think of my top ten favorite things
about the island that’s just across the river!
Here you go in no particular order:
1. Broadway— Nothing like a Broadway show– whether I’m working or watching!
2. People Watching—NYC (I think) is one of the most fun places to people watch–everyone is really unique;
3. Central Park—We got engaged in the park and took our photos there. And recently my parents gave us a gift of a “tour” of the park! We are excited to do that when he returns home.
4. (Cheap but good) Pizza—Don’t get me wrong, not all cheap pizza is good and not all good pizza is cheap but there are some pretty good places in NYC to grab a quick and inexpensive slice. There’s a “pizza tour” in NYC too that we want to try!
5. Culture and Atmosphere—It truly is a melting pot city. Everywhere you go there are most likely a few people from different parts of the world!
6. Bars and Restaurants—NYC is one of the few places I’ve been that you can enjoy food from almost any country at almost any time of the day. I haven’t even made a dent in the variety of food cultures—there are so many! But the few I have been too with friends or family have been fun!
As for bars, one of my current favorites particularly for a margarita–“Blockheads” http://www.blockheads.com
I love to sit out side with my sweetie and have a margarita and some chips and guac! (come to think of it, I’ve only been to one of their 6 locations—Guess we’ll just have to try the others too!
7. Museums—This I will admit I need to experience more of so that’s more of a “to-do” 🙂 There are so many to visit!
8. The Buildings & Skyline—It is neat how the architecture on the island of Manhattan is so unique in each spot. The concept of skyscrapers really amazes me! A few years ago I went to the “Top of The Rock” at Rockefeller Center with my mom–it was awesome to see the city from that high up! (I do love to also see the skyline view from NJ)
9. History—There is so much of it in this city! I believe that if I had a previous life that I was around in the 1920s and 1930s–maybe I even came through Ellis Island as some of my relatives did! I’m slowly working on my family ancestry—perhaps I’ll find out more about my great-grandparents and how they ended up in New York.
10. City That Never Sleeps—As “Ol’ Blue Eyes” sang “I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps!” Who wouldn’t!
Even though this is a top ten list of my favorites in NYC as I read it over, I realized many of my favorites I have barely experienced… It’s a good thing we just bought a house in NJ–we’ll be in the area for a while! 🙂
Do you have a place that you spend a lot of time in but don’t necessarily live there?
What’s your top ten?